The CM shall plan, lead and, if necessary, conduct site-surveys virtually or gather information acquired to produce complete documentation of systems and services, support equipment, computer, and electronic equipment installations. The CM shall plan, direct, and, if necessary, conduct regular, special, and integrated system audits necessary to validate configuration of systems. The CM shall prepare and conduct special reports and presentations that contain actionable information, which is pertinent to individual site operations. The CM shall maintain all system documentation to include system diagrams, test plans and status of all configuration items. The CM shall plan, prepare and conduct on the job training to junior Contractor personnel, as required. The CM shall coordinate with other field engineers to the benefit of the customer. The CM shall support the unit with other duties as assigned within the scope of work.
The Contractor shall possess the following essential skills:
- Top-Secret clearance is required.
- Utilize automated tools to capture and monitor configuration items. Items include, but not limited to, Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager (MECM)
- Lead Change Control process meetings, providing direct and candid feedback regarding ideas for proposed changes to systems
- Perform duties independently, without direct supervision, and without detailed guidance from superiors
- Utilize SharePoint as a tool to maintain records associated with configuration management.
- Possess advanced knowledge on CM process
- Demonstrate familiarity with scripting languages, mainly but not limited to PowerShell, to validate items are within CM guidelines
- Possess a working Knowledge of Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG’s)
- Demonstrate proficiency in technical writing
- Develop, integrate, document, validate, deploy and support equipment and technologies
- Provide services that will maintain and improve Information Systems Security (ISS) program and capabilities
- Maintain system security documentation of assigned Information Systems in accordance with the Federal, Departmental and National Policy, and standards including the FBI’s Information System Security Assessment Handbook
- Determine the needs of users who may need technical documentation created or edited
- Writing, editing, standardizing, updating, revising, and organize supporting content on documentation to ensure compliance with system configuration guidelines.
- Ensure that all system security requirements are addressed during all phases of the information system lifecycle
- Review Plan of Actions and Milestones weekly (if any) under their purview and updated when applicable
- Information system data calls are responded to within the specified schedule provided by the government
- Conduct and/or support IA security engineering validations and/or investigations of systems performance, systems integration, systems interoperability, and problems with fielded systems and recommend alternative solutions.
- Ensure Configuration Management (CM) for security relevant IS software, hardware, and firmware are documented and maintained
- Change Control Processes / Configuration Management
- DISA STIG’s
Minimum Education and/or Experience:
Five (5) or more years of experience in configuration management of IT systems in a production environment.
|Job Category||IT, Top Secret|