The candidate shall be a US citizen and have an existing Top-Secret government security clearance. Analyzes local LAN/WAN systems, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices. Resolves interoperability problems to obtain operations across all platforms, including email, file transfer, multimedia, teleconferencing, etc. Configures systems to user requirements. Performs various tests and documents results. Administers and maintains LAN/WAN. Provides technical support and troubleshooting to users. Plans network layout design. May administer network security. May perform database administration. May serve as technical team or task lead. In addition, requires competence in systems analysis and technical writing to support SOPs.
Minimum Education and Minimum General Experience:
- Be a US citizen and have an existing Top-Secret government security clearance.
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field, with six (6) or more years of work experience.
- An in-depth knowledge of LAN/WAN communications, network hardware such as Cisco routers, Ethernet switches, bridges, gateways, firewalls, and encryption devices (i.e., Micro and Gig E TACLANEs).
- An in-depth knowledge of routing protocol such as RIP, EIGRP, BGP, and OSPF.
- Demonstrates a strong understanding and practical experience with technologies such as MPLS, VPLS, VPNs, and traffic engineering.
Preferred Skills/Experience are listed below:
- TACLANE certification.
- Cisco Professional and Expert certifications are preferred; and
- Knowledge of, or certification in, one or more specific applications or processes may be required, depending on job assignment.