Positions are staffed to design, develop, refactor, enhance, test and evaluate, and support software applications currently hosted on-premises to be hosted within the AWS GovCloud instance compliant with FBI policy directives (PD) and guides (PG) mandated to ensure legal and information security compliance. This shall include analysis of the existing system in collaboration with other team members and Government PM, and designing an appropriate solution.
Candidates shall be skilled in multiple web application languages, reverse engineering, and have a strong background in building scalable, user intuitive, high-quality and high performing web applications ranging from a high mid-level and a senior. The Electronic Surveillance (ELSUR) Logistics Technology Unit (ELTU) application enhancements or modifications may include business and process changes to ELTU applications/systems as well as coordination with other integrated and non-ELTU software systems. Work alongside infrastructure, development, and managerial team members to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
The contractor shall:
- Must have a TS clearance.
- Five (5) or more years of experience as a software developer in building multi-tier framework software applications using object oriented programming languages, such as Java and Python;
- One (1) or more years of experience with cloud (AWS preferred) application development and management;
- Experience migrating on-premises hosted applications to the cloud (AWS preferred);
- Experience developing cloud native applications (AWS preferred);
- Experience developing SOAP and REST APIs in a client/server environment (i.e., Java, Python, etc.);
- Experience writing and evaluating regular expressions;
- Experience developing, debugging and/or refactoring code for popular programming languages (i.e., Java, Python, etc.);
- Experience with scripting command line tools (e.g., Vim, Bash, PowerShell, etc.) in order to automate command tasks;
- Knowledge of object-relational mapping (ORM);
- Experience with any major database (e.g., PostgreSQL, MySQL, or SQL Server);
- Support the Government’s effort to obtain and maintain an authority-to-operate (ATO) and protect the security posture of the program systems and applications;
- Possess exceptional interpersonal and communication (verbal and in writing) skills;
- Possess a strong work ethic;
- Ability to work alongside others and independently;
- Ability to instruct and mentor junior development team members;
- Provide Government personnel instruction, guidance, and documentation;
- Willingness to learn new technical disciplines and to become a resident expert within a team.
- One (1) or more years of experience with application development leveraging a SQL and/or PostgreSQL database as data storage;
- Two (2) or more years of experience with cloud (AWS preferred) application development and management;
- Experience in gathering and analyzing requirements and direct interaction with a Government customer (e.g., gathering metrics for reporting);
- Experience developing Section 508 compliant applications;
- Experience in a Government client environment and working alongside a Government PM in assisting with project goals and direction of development team;
- Ability to design, develop, troubleshoot, and test software to satisfy requirements;
- Ability to oversee and guide junior and mid-level team members with project work, including defining upcoming goals, in-depth requirements evaluation and planning, detailed task write-ups, and code reviews.
- Experience with integrating and troubleshooting complex software interactions/interconnections between infrastructures that traverse between firewalls and cross-domain systems to other enterprise systems or services;
- Experience leading an Agile development environment with short duration tasking;
- Experience writing optimized database queries and stored procedures;
- Experience presenting change requests to the Configuration Control Board (CCB) for approval prior to making changes to application configurations once deployed to production;
- If requested, be able to attend CCB meetings with the Government as a subject matter expert (SME);
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) Degree in Computer Science, Software Development, Information Systems or related field of study; or, with FBI approval concurrence of candidate, Experience in lieu of meeting education requirement.