The candidate shall be a US citizen and have an existing Top-Secret government security clearance. Coordinates with the PM to ensure problem solution and user satisfaction. Makes recommendations, if needed, for approval of major systems installations. Prepares milestone status reports and presentations on the system concept to colleagues, subordinates, and end user representatives. May perform daily supervision and provide direction to support staff. Requires experienced system engineer and administrator to provide Linux engineering, software integration, and administration in the context of an automated cloud provisioning environment. The Linux baseline is a tightly secured configuration which has been engineered into an accredited and supportable platform. This position shall be as a member of the DCSNET engineering team and shall be responsible for refining and incorporating new software on top of the baseline. Multiple priority projects shall be assigned, and the engineer must be able to recommend, implement, and defend decisions that maintain the enterprise baseline in support of the component’s stated desire to support standardization at the IT infrastructure layer and the current customer’s focus on automated operations.
The contractor shall:
- Be a US citizen and have an existing Top-Secret government security clearance.
- Possess excellent analytical and technical writing skills.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have at least ten (10) years of technical experience analyzing and designing computer systems.
- Experience working on multiple OS platforms, including Linux, Mac, ows, Android, and iOS.
- Familiarity with different layers of the technology stack, including network, application frameworks, database systems, and vendor solutions.
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) Degree or Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) Degree in a technical or engineering, or in lieu of education, five (5) years of additional related experience.