The ideal candidate translates detailed design into computer software. Tests, debugs, and refines the computer software to generate the required software enhancements and system components. Prepares both program-level and user-level documentation. Enhances software and database queries to reduce operating time or improve efficiency. May provide technical direction to programmers to ensure program deadlines are met. In addition, converts legacy media into digitized formats to enable upload onto digital telephony collection systems.
- US citizenship and an existing Top-Secret government security clearance are a requirement.
- Must have eight years or more of technical experience as an applications programmer on computer and database management systems. Specifically, must have five or more years of experience with high level programming languages (C# preferred), Windows based OS (Windows 7 and higher is preferred), Microsoft Visual Studio (2008 version or higher), and ASCII.
- Requires experience with: media file types including WAV and VOC; file systems including FAT32, NTFS, and UFS; and, NoSQL and Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) (MySQL preferred).
- This software developer position must possess an in-depth working knowledge and use of Microsoft Access and Excel, and formatting and processing large data files, using various types of scripts. Requires high degree of competence in analyzing functional business applications and design specifications for functional activities.
- B.S. degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field with eight years of work experience.