The ideal candidate provides Audit Log Management, Active Directory Domain Services, integrated DNS, centrally controlled policy management, antivirus management and deployment, Windows patch management, software development, inventory management, remote assistance, call center infrastructure support, server health monitoring, server performance monitoring, network device monitoring, centrally controlled removable media security policy, and virtualized test environment. The engineer shall have competence in Active Directory Enterprise, VB Scripting, Cyber security, structured analysis and architectural design concepts/methodologies. Provides recommendations to the Government PM for system acquisitions and tutelage to junior members/staff. This position also provides advice and technical support to Government PM and engineering teams on system requirements related to security certification and accreditation of both new and existing systems, development and production environments. Provides training to junior members/staff and technical support. Additionally, monitors the installation, integration, and implementation of automated systems and active directory enterprise at designated field office locations. Requires competence in systems analysis, technical writing, and the use of Visio, Word, and Excel in support of project documentation to include Standard Operating Procedures (SOP). Works closely with the team personnel in supporting configuration management, risk management, issue tracking, schedule tracking, and change request management.
- US citizenship and an existing Top-Secret government security clearance are a requirement.
- Must have eight or more years of current technical experience designing, implementing, and maintaining complex networked computer systems.
- Shall possess knowledge of state-of-the-art concepts in open system standards (e.g., OSI, ISO, OSE, TAFIM), design methodologies and tools such as entity relationship/dataflow diagrams and IDEF1x, object-oriented principles and systems engineering practices.
- Must possess expert knowledge of Visual Basic (VB) scripting, PowerShell, Active Directory Domain Services, Group Policy objects, Microsoft Active Directory integrated DNS services, Microsoft SQL server, Nagios, McAfee enterprise products, IIS, Apache, Tomcat web servers, Microsoft Enterprise Certificate Services, VMware, ESXi, and vSphere.
- B.S. degree or equivalent in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field with at least eight (8) years of experience. Microsoft server and workstation certifications are highly recommended.