System Administrator (Mid-Level)
All work shall be assigned by the designated Task Lead. Responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, setup, training, troubleshooting, user support, and maintenance of system hardware and software, and related infrastructure.
- Top-Secret clearance is required.
- Participate in technical research and development (R&D) discussions/activities to enable continued innovation
- Ensure system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures, adhere to organizational standards;
- Perform general Local Area Network/Wide Area Network (LAN/WAN) management;
- Be accountable for administering both Microsoft Windows Systems/Domains, Linux servers; and
- Provide support of Storage Area Network (SAN) products.
Mid-Level Minimum Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, relevant engineering discipline or a combination of relevant work experience/military equivalent and comparable Technical certifications such as Microsoft Certified Professional; Linux Professional Institute (LPI), Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA®) or Engineer (RHCE®); or Cisco (Professional or Expert) may be substituted for education. Five additional years of related work experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree.
- Mid-Level (Intermediate):
- a. Five (5) or more years of systems administration experience supporting both Windows and Linux operating systems, Windows Active Directory domain, and enterprise virtualization for desktops and servers;
- b. Experience logging, tracking, monitoring and troubleshooting the health of the operational facilities, the systems installed therein, local and remote desktops, regional/satellite site equipment, and their Local Area Network (LAN)/Wide Area Network (WAN);
- c. Experience in enterprise computer-based systems and applications with the ability to manage software applications, replace hard drives, memory modules, motherboards, power supplies, network equipment, etc.;
- d. Experience with optimizing system operation and resource utilization, performing system capacity analysis and planning, resolving performance problems with the servers and networks;
- e. Experience supervising the monitoring of operational facilities/equipment, supervising testing and analysis of all elements of the network facility, and serve as a key contact for local/remote locations and customers to obtain clarification of problems and provide resolution of system failures and degradations;
- f. Experience in day-to-day administration and operation of complex networked computer-based systems distributed across geographic regions;
- g. Experience in 24/7/365 technical support and dedicated customer service to ensure efficient and reliable productivity to meet mission needs;
- h. Experience as a liaison with telecommunications service providers to engineer, implement, and troubleshoot telephony input lines;
- i. Fundamental understanding and experience in telecommunications and telephony signaling standards/protocols, and test equipment (e.g. T1, SIP, VoIP, DACS, T1 Testers, etc.);
- j. Experience using Storage Area Networks (SAN)/Redundant Array of Independent Disks (RAID) and various types of removable storage media;
- k. Effective verbal and written communications; strong teamwork skills; and excellent interpersonal skills which are essential to relate individuals who have differing levels of technical skills.
|Job Category||IT, Top Secret|
|Clearance Required||Top Secret|