The NA shall possess an active and transferable U.S. TOP-SECRET (with SSBI). The NA shall evaluate moderately complex networks to identify and reconcile all obstacles to the network’s optimum performance. The NA shall conduct site surveys alone, or as a team member and employ knowledge gained to configure and/or recommend the configuration of networks. The NA shall research and evaluate network technologies and Commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) in the course of assessing the currency of the networks. The NA shall employ the research and evaluation results to produce actionable recommendations for changes that, when executed, ensure that networks remain current with leading industry standards. The NA shall design and plan moderately complex network systems and recommends resources required to maintain planned service levels. The NA shall demonstrate proficiency with communicating network architectures through the production of clear network diagrams. The NA shall direct the execution of projects of limited complexity. The NA shall plan and conduct relevant feasibility studies and produces initial drafts of related technical standards. The NA shall resolve moderately complex network problems. The NA shall establish and meet established work-product deliverable deadlines. The NA shall support the unit with other duties as assigned within the scope of work.
Minimum General Experience:
- A relevant industry certification, such as COMPTIA Network+, Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNA), etc.
- Configured and managed products from major networking equipment and firewall vendors
- Expertise in the maintenance of networking Layer 2 and Layer 3 devices and policies
- Use of automated methods to deploy and maintain switches and firewalls
- Experience maintaining firewall appliances and firewall rules
- Demonstrated ability to plan, implement, and support changes to network including cable infrastructure, network monitoring software, firmware and hardware.
- Evaluation and testing of network equipment
- Maintenance of network systems and equipment
- Expertise with Network device QoS policies
- Ability to produce detailed documentation and procedures for all solutions
- Analysis of network and network equipment performance
- Integration of network device and SMB protocols with Software Defined Storage technologies such as but not limited to RDMA
- Experience with Cloud technologies and interconnecting existing systems into the cloud
- Monitoring of network and other communication equipment
- Ability to train to peers and users on topics within expertise
- Development, implementation, and testing of changes to communication networks
- Resolution of interoperability problems within and between networks
- Analysis of traffic information used to justify network optimization and reconfiguration
- Ability to provide technical assistance, training and system documentation for users
- Experience configuring and maintaining Taclane devices
- Experience with Watchguard, Arista,and Netgear product lines
Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field and four (4) years of experience in monitoring, managing, and administering internet protocol (IP) networks in a production environment or in lieu of education eight (8) years of experience. If utilizing in lieu of education, all experience must be at or above the position level described above.
|Job Category||IT, Top Secret|