The NA shall evaluate moderately complex networks to identify and reconcile all obstacles to the network’s optimum performance. The NA shall conduct site surveys alone, or as a team member and employs knowledge gained to configure and/or recommend the configuration of networks. The NA shall research and evaluate network technologies and COTS in the course of assessing the currency of customer networks. The NA shall employ the research and evaluation results to produce actionable recommendations for changes that, when executed, ensure that the networks remain current with leading industry standards. The NA shall design and plan moderately complex network systems and recommends resources required to maintain planned service levels. The NA shall demonstrate proficiency with communicating network architectures through the production of clear network diagrams. The NA shall direct the execution of projects of limited complexity. The NA shall plan and conduct relevant feasibility studies and produces initial drafts of related technical standards. The NA shall resolve moderately complex network problems. The NA shall establish and meet established work-product deliverable deadlines. The NA shall support the unit with other duties as assigned within the scope of work.
- Top-Secret clearance is required.
- A relevant industry certification, such as COMPTIA Network+, Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNA), etc.
- Ability to configure and manage products from various manufacturers to include Watchguard, Netgear, Arista and other major vendors
- Maintain Networking Layer 2 and Layer 3 devices and policies
- Use automated methods to deploy and maintain switches and firewalls
- Maintain firewall appliances and firewall rules
- Plan, Implement, and support changes to network including cable infrastructure, network monitoring software, firmware and hardware.
- Evaluate and test network equipment
- Maintain network systems and equipment
- Install and service terminals, cables, network components
- Maintain Network devices QoS policies
- Provide detailed documentation and procedures for all solutions
- Analyze network and network equipment performance
- Integrate Network device and SMB protocols with Software Defined Storage technologies such as but not limited to RDMA
- Experience with Cloud technologies and interconnecting existing systems into the cloud
- Monitor network and other communication equipment
- Provide training to peers and users
- Develop, implement and test changes to communication networks
- Resolve interoperability problems within and between networks
- Analyze traffic information and provide analysis to justify network optimization and reconfiguration
- Provide technical assistance, training and system documentation for users
- Experience configuring and maintaining TACLANE devices
Minimum Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field and four (4) years of experience in monitoring, managing and administering internet protocol (IP) networks in a production environment or in lieu of education eight (8) years of experience.
|Job Category||IT, Top Secret|
|Clearance Required||Top Secret|