The SNA shall lead moderately complex network projects or phases of a large project. The SNA shall coordinate work activities for a small group of technical/professional employees, and manage a moderately large, complex function. The SNA shall provide technical guidance and leadership; and determine deliverable and work schedules as appropriate. She/he shall act as Contractor’s representative to the customer technical personnel while leading Contractor’s network requirements analysis activities, as well as Contractor’s maintenance and/or upgrades to customer network operations. The SNA shall be responsible for ensuring Contractor meets established network deliverable deadlines and performance standards. SNA shall have demonstrated past performance of all Leading teams of personnel with Network Administrator skills. SNA shall have senior level engineering knowledge in design, documentation and implementation of all Network Administrator skillsets. The SNA shall support the unit with other duties as assigned within the scope of work.
- Top-Secret clearance is required.
- A relevant industry certification, such as COMPTIA Network+, Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNA), etc.
- Design, build, and maintain physical and virtual networking devices, to include Cloud and Hybrid Cloud solutions, encryption (experience with Taclanes preferred), Firewall devices and rules, and networking Layer 2 and 3 devices and configurations,
- Research, evaluate, test, recommend, integrate, deploy, and install network equipment and solutions to meet objectives and requirements to include new technologies to include Quality of Service (QoS) policies, SMB protocols to allow advancement of storage technologies, and other technologies such as, but not limited to, RDMA
- Confer with and advise management, engineers, senior network administrators, and system administrators on the management, functional capabilities and enhancement of supported networks
- Develop, test, document, and implement changes to communications networks to ensure efficient operation, interoperability with supported and affiliated tools, systems and networks, and maximized user experience.
- Develop automated methods to deploy switches and firewalls with consistent results using applicable technologies for various manufacturer products
- Manage, train and developing skills of junior network administrators
- Proactively troubleshoot, resolve, and provide technical assistance related to networking issues in support of mission objectives and customer issues and requirements.
- Conduct reverse engineering of networks, produce documentation, and explain results and potential areas of improvement and optimization.
- Quality of Service (QoS) policies
- SMB protocols to allow advancement of storage technologies
- Configure and validate RDMA technology usage
- Expertise with Cloud and/or Hybrid Cloud networking integration and sustainment
Minimum Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field and six (6) years of experience in monitoring, managing and administering internet protocol (IP) networks in a production environment or, in lieu of education, ten (10) years of experience.
|Job Category||IT, Top Secret|
|Clearance Required||Top Secret|